Holding company and central services
sorting of parcels as swift as an arrow on the sorter.
APF sort+ enables a fully automatic sorting regardless of the conveyor technology manufacturers. A fully automatic sorting for example can be implemented where an own sorting destination (point) is assigned to each tour. A fine screening by the drivers is completely inapplicable. This offers the following advantages:
- Saving of time: The drivers don’t have to be present during the complete sorting procedure in order to pick up the parcels which are determined for them from the conveyor belt. They can begin their shift considerably later because they only have to scan and load the parcels.
- Documentation of the transfer of risk: When picking up the parcels manually, it is difficult to reproduce also via a video system which driver has actually picked up a parcel from the conveyor belt. In fully automatic sorting systems it is possible to document exactly by a feedback of the PLC to which destination a specific parcel was sorted. The exact date of the sorting procedure is also documented. For this purpose a common definition of the journal is necessary. The company AMETRAS works closely with the conveyor technology manufacturers. The AMETRAS journal is preferably supported by Vanriet.
- During the fully automatic sorting you can resort to the services of the OCR recognition and the video coding. Thereby for example street names can be recorded for the sorting.
The window tracking is realised by the PLC. In this connection a concept was developed with Vanriet and AMETRAS which caused essential advantages:
- A recording of the parcel barcodes at the infeeds becomes obsolete because each parcel can be traced back to the infeed via the window tracking. Therewith investments in expensive reading units are omitted.
- The communication between the different APF modules and the PLC becomes much less complicated and safer because not anymore two parallel parcel trackings have to be implemented but each sorting decision can be clearly assigned to a specific parcel via the transport ID.
- The failure of complete DMWS (Digital Measuring and Weighing System) tunnels can be compensated in connection with the window tracking by the intermediate storage of sorting destinations implemented in the APF sort+.
Features and functions
which make your day-to-day work more productive
Each sorting system is in a constant state of change. In order to be able to make the right decisions at the right time, a good and reliable control station function is indispensable. Thereby the evaluation options should be able to be automated as far as possible. Generally a finely granulated control requires complex evaluations. But this isn’t the case with APF sort+. Customised reports are configured by mouse click in advance. Individual mailing lists ensure that information is exactly passed on to those people who are able to understand and analyse them.
- Bisher sortierte Menge
- No Reads
- NC Quote
The control of a sorting system requires experience and the knowledge of the complex relationships between work proceeding and accompanying IT processes. A careful planning ensures that optimisation potentials are increased as early as possible.
- Dimensional check
- Scan event generation
- NC recognition
- Control of the exchange route
- Dynamic decision of sorting destination (for example Saturday delivery)
- Treatment of excluded areas
Can be quickly adapted to operating procedures and changing process parameters via a Config Wizzard. Configuration via standard XML files also simplifies the maintainability.
Is connected to existing conveyor systems by standard telegrams. For leading system manufacturers such as VanRiet, Vanderlande, etc. there are ready connectors.
Adapts automatically to the volume of parcels. The fastest algorithms are always chosen and used via an integrated performance check.