Holding company and central services
recognizes the barcode, measures the volume and reads the label on parcels for the further treatment OCR in a single working step.
Constantly growing quantities of parcels and the request for a highly efficient production in the depot demand new innovative technologies for the parcel recognition. With APF ident+ each depot can identify a parcel whether manually or automatically already at the entrance. Thereby not only the barcode can be read but a status image of the parcel is created and the volume is automatically determined. In addition, the label can be read, too. Therewith a further processing of the address via OCR or videocoding is possible in a single work step. The standard integration in APF video+ takes care that no additional interfaces become necessary for the further processing of the data such as scan events, volume data, barcode recognition. An extensive time synchronisation between different application systems is omitted.
Features and functions
which make your day-to-day work more productive
Supermarket checkouts support the checkout operative in an optimum way. APF ident+ works in the same way in the depot. The barcode is read and an acoustic or visual display signalises the success of the scanning. The whole recording only takes fractions of a second.
- Extremely fast recording of barcodes
- Immediate check if the scanning was successful or not
- Top reading, three-sided reading, five-sided reading
The system reads barcodes reliably. The algorithm developed by AMETRAS ensures that barcodes of different types such as EAN, 2D, NVE, etc. can be read and interpreted as swift as an arrow. This also works when different barcodes are applied on a label.
- Reliable recognition of barcodes
- Reconciliation of the data via standard interface to former systems possible
- Reading of the most different barcode types such as Code 128, EAN, QR, etc
- Girth calculation LxWxH of some parcels is possible without any problems
- Plain text display of a 2D barcode without delay
The quality and resolution of the image of the label is so good that a further processing via the OCR recognition by AMETRAS documents is possible without any problems in most cases. A further processing via videocoding is absolutely guaranteed.
- OCR recognition possible
- Transfer to the videocoding
- Reconciliation of the data via standard interface to former systems and additional data formats such as MPSEXDATA,
The automatic hand recognition ensures that the working process is affected without a loss in comfort or extensive organisation instructions. Therewith an efficient and extremely fast processing is assured.
- No waiting times in the process
- No separate organisational demands
- Reliable recognition
An integration into APF video+ is realisable without interfaces and adjustments. Thereby not only a seamless tracking but also a qualified further treatment is possible. Thus the customer service can not only inform the customer about the parcel but this one already can refer to additional charges and special sizes.
- No other user interface
- All features of the APF video+ application are available
- Single point of information for customer demands
- Images are automatically stored in the long-term storage
RETURN ON INVESTMENT
Can be used with up to 5 m per second both at separating units and high-speed conveyor systems. Installation on the sorter is possible.
Provides seamlessly images and data to APF video+. Can be easily integrated. Thus the parcel tracking becomes even more effective by the display of volume, label and barcode. Can replace handheld scanners at the infeed.
Barcode reader, volume measuring device and camera in a single unit. Cost-saving extension to three to five-sided reading possible.